If you have a little leftover canned pumpkin in your thanksgiving preparations, you can whip up these cookies for an after dinner snack, not vegan, but on the edge of it, and oh so tasty!
Adapted from Abs of Steel – Pumpkin Snickerdoodles
1/4 cup butter (half a stick)
2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (or any other oil)
2/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup pumpkin
2 cups of flour
1 tsp of baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp cinnamon
for the cinnamon sugar:
2 Tablespoons Sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1. Pre Heat oven to 350 F
2. Cream butter, oil and sugar
3. Add egg and pumpkin, combine. Don’t be alarmed if it separates.
4. Mix in your dry ingredients until well combined and chill for a half- hour.
5. Mix your remaining 2 Tablespoons of sugar and 2 teaspoons of cinnamon in a small bowl.
6. Take tablespoons of dough and roll into balls. Then coat in cinnamon sugar and place on lined cookie sheet.
7. Bake for 9 – 11 minutes.